December 23, 2009

Rocky road overload



I think I have gone to far......I didn't think it was possible to NEVER want to eat another piece of rocky road ever again but I am heading close to that level of chocolate and sweet overload!!
See, I can't even write a proper sentence. I made some last week for clients to wish them 'Merry Christmas' and thought I should make some for my own family.
 Last week I was to busy to eat a couple mallows as I was making the mixture.....last week I was to pre occupied to dip marshmallows in the warm chocolate and then shovel them into my mouth two, three at a time and last week I didn't think twice about eating the end bits of firm rocky road while trying to cut them into squares.
THIS WEEK I did all of the above and loved every minute of it UNTIL the choccy come down hit me and now I feel like a big nap and some Tums!
If you feel an urge to whip up a batch then I totally encourage you to try this rocky road with dried cranberries, mixed nuts and figs BUT I urge you to not fill up on the mellows and warm chocolate while in the process of making, otherwise by the time you feel like trying a piece of your own it will be to late because family and friends would of polished it off days ago and all you'll be left with is an empty container!

Rocky Road
1 pkt marshmallows
1/2 cup dried cranberries
6-8 dried figs roughly chopped
1 cup mixed nuts (unsalted or salted it is up to you)
350g chocolate, melted
3/4 cup shredded coconut

Line a 30 x 25 cm tray with wax paper and lightly spray with cooking spray then set aside.
In a large bowl add the first 4 ingredients and mix to combine.
Once chocolate has melted, pour all over ingredients in bowl and stir well.
Pour into pan, until all chocolate has covered ingredients.
Sprinkle with coconut and place in the fridge until hard (aprox. 2 hours)
Remove from tray, peel off wax paper and cut into squares. Store in an air tight container.


1 comment:

TKW said...

My teeth hurt just looking at those delectable treats!