January 9, 2013

New Years Resolution completed 4 years on....



Happy New Year!!

I seldom write about anything other than food, however, it is the beginning of 2013 and I have finally gotten around to completing a New Years resolution I made about 4 years ago.

I have been very fortunate to be given some beautiful pieces of art  over the years by a very good friend of mine, Lisa. I adore her work and have always been in awe of her talent. When I lived near Lisa in the US she was busy raising children and working out motherhood as was I. We use to hangout in parks, houses and play lots talking of our old lives we left behind while trying to figure out how this parenting game works. With our kids now past the ages of nappies/diapers and play lots we have both started getting back to the things we love- cooking and painting. Although Lisa's work was fabulous before I knew her, Lisa's recent robot series has placed her in a league of her own.

I have been fortunate enough to see some of the robots from early stages right up to the finished picture and I absolutely love them.  I was overwhelmed when she gave me two prints as a going away present when we were coming back to live in Australia. Since this day over four years ago I have promised myself to frame them and showcase them on my walls for all our friends see.

Like most things when moving countries, you tend to put the little jobs off until later......We had a Christmas Party not so long ago and the most startling thing to me when I saw photos of the night was our boring, vacant walls. I finally decided to pull finger, so then following day I marched up to a framing shop with half a dozen beautiful pictures I had tucked away for safe keeping and got them all framed.

Lisa, I am sorry it has taken me so long to get them done, but I am tickled pink to see them framed and hanging on our walls. I look at the fish everyday and smile, however, the boys put their foot down and declared the robots MUST go in their room! Fair enough, I guess I'll just jump on line and order a few more prints now that I am in the framing mode.

If you'd like to see more of Lisa's beautiful work jump on this link and take a look for yourself.
Any chance the heirloom tomato is still for sale?

2 comments:

Susie said...

I never put a time limit on my resolutions! A friend suggested I take photos of my rooms, and then look at them on my laptop to see what to do to them, and it really is a great bit of advice. I love these pictures, and I especially love things that are a reminder of a happy part of our lives! Happy New Year!

Camilla Baker said...

The laptop idea is a great one Susie. As soon as I saw how vacant my walls looked in a photo I got my act together.
Happy New Year to you too xx