April 25, 2012

Anzac Day Biscuits


How did you spend your Anzac day?
I had grand ideas of seeing the dawn service.....then read it was at 4.15am in Sydney, so I respectfully stayed in bed.
I was going to join friends in the park for a picnic, alas, quotes needed to be written, functions needed to be organised and food needed to be made....so I stayed in the kitchen.
The only thing I did that I wanted to do today was buy alcohol for the Footy Fundraiser I was organising on Friday night.......I know how to have a good time on a public holiday!
All was not lost, as I came in from the car I could smell the all familiar smell of baking biscuits. Nic and Alex had whipped up a batch of Anzac cookies while I was out. Now our afternoon is set- a cup of tea, warm Anzac biscuits to dip in my tea while watching the Essendon/Collingwood football game on the telly.

GO THE BOMBERS!!!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Well, add another learning experience for me here. I know what an Anzac is, I have seen them in lots of my cookie books, BUT, I had no idea there was a day that they were named for. A little Google search and I am so in the know. An acronym....I sure hope I can use this little tidbit of trivia some day, I fell so smart!