It was a fabulous show today on TVSN and I won't be surprised if they have a sellout show again.
I know there were a few viewers wondering where they could find recipes for the dishes cooked today, so I thought I'd better post them here for all the new Circulon Contempo buyers (and of course for everyone else!). If you didn't catch the show, I was showing how quick and easy it is to make yummy meals in a very short amount of time. Below are the recipes I cooked today.
I didn't get a chance to pull out the pizza I made on set, however, I did make another one for my boys' dinner tonight and I have to say the baking tray would have to make the best crust I have made....a big call I know but I stand behind it! You'll find the dough recipe I used here.
Seared salmon with orange and chilli glazed bok choy
1 salmon fillet skin on
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of one orange
1/2 bunch bok choy with base cut off
- Heat pan without oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Once hot season salmon pieces, add oil to pan and place salmon in skin side down. Leave to crisp up for 4-5 minutes giving it a light push with tongs making sure the whole of the skin is searing onto the frying pan
- Once you see the colour change up the side of your salmon pieces, turn over.
- Add sugar to your frying pan and caramelize, stirring until dissolved (about a minute).
- Add juice of the orange, chilli pieces a pinch of salt and keep stirring. Once you have a syrup, add your boy choy and wilt.
- Remove salmon piece (if you have a thin piece of salmon you may need to remove before you put your bok choy in), toss your greens around in glaze then place on a serving plate with your piece of salmon and drizzle over your orange glaze.
1 tablespoon olive oil
700g chicken breast, medium diced
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic glove chopped
½ cup plain flour
2.5 cups milk
1 diced red capsicum
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper then sear the meat. When lightly coloured, remove from the pan and keep to the side.
- In the same pot, melt butter and then add onions and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir through to form a thick paste, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk, stirring continually to prevent lumps. Once all the milk is added, whisk until smooth then add chopped red capsicum. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add seared chicken pieces and simmer for about 2-3 minutes for flavours to combine.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a pie dish.
- Cut out a lid of puff pastry and place on top of your pie mixture making sure the pastry lid is slightly larger than the dish.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash, sprinkle with black pepper and place the pie on a large oven tray then pop it in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes then leave to cool for 5 minutes before eating, as they will be very hot.
Braised lamb chops
6 lamb chops
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 fresh tomato, roughly diced
1 brown onion, chopped
2 lge potatoes, par boiled and diced
1/2 cup peas (frozen are perfect)
- In a large frying pan with high sides, season your chops with salt and pepper then sear the chops.
- Once seared add garlic pieces, onion and tomato. Stir making sure everything touches the base of the pan.
- After 3-4 minutes add potatoes and about 1-2 cups of white wine (enough to just cover chops) and bring to the boil.
- When boiled sprinkle over peas and add butter. Place a lid on top, bring to the boil again then reduce the temperature to LOW and leave for 30 minutes so it is lightly simmering.
- After 30 minutes, break up the potato pieces with your tongs to thicken your sauce then serve with fresh slabs of bread.
For the raspberry pancakes I used this recipe but instead of blueberries I added frozen raspberries.