September 1, 2010

Lemon slice....the best you've ever tasted


OK people, I have 25 minutes before my pilates class begins, so I'll be quick.
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe months ago, could even be a year by now, anyway. I know I asked for it, so I obviously tasted it, loved it and wanted to make it at home......this was before I decided to own two businesses and keep myself extremely busy!

It has been way to long since I baked anything for my family, so I thought I'd whip it up and see if I enjoyed it as much as I thought I did.

I was NOT disappointed!!

Firstly the preparation for this dish is very quick and easy, secondly it smells fantabulous when baking and thirdly- tastes like a bit of lemon heaven! I love lemon, the kids love lemon and Nic is also crazy about the stuff so when I pulled this little number off on Sunday I knew it wouldn't see us through the week.
I'll stop raving, load up some pics, write out the recipe and let you see for yourself. If there is one sweet treat you want to try....let it be this one, the lemon lover in you will not be disappointed, nor will your friends and/or family.

 Grammie Pam's Lemon Slice


pastry:
180g butter
1 1/2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
3/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)

Lemon curd:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups caster sugar (super fine)
1 tablespoon plain flour
Juice of three lemons
grated zest of one lemon

finish:
1/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)

Method:
Mix the pastry ingredients together with your fingers to get a smooth dough.
Press into rectangular baking pan (approx 23 x 28 cm) and bake in 190 oven for 20 min, or very lightly brown.

Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, caster sugar, flour, juice and zest (I put in the blender).
Pour over the hot pastry and return to the oven for 30 minutes more.
Remove from the oven, lightly sprinkle with half the icing sugar then cool thoroughly.
Cut into slices.

3 comments:

TKW said...

Anything lemon is a big hit with me!

Bryan said...

Love love love lemon bars! These look great I will definitely will be making these soon. Wow and so simple!

Oh FYI Just bot back from the Post Office... 5-10 days.

Janette said...

ESP! love love love lemon slice and now I have no excuse not to make one.....look out hips your in for a treat!