September 10, 2008

Dinner on the fly.....


It's Pre-school open day/evening tonight. Of course it is a rush to get out the door, have the boys fed and bathed all to be on time (first meeting I should be on time- right?) for Alex's first schooling experience. 
There was left over bacon and spinach risotto in the fridge from Grammie Pam and Nic's dinner last night. (I swiped a piece of the boys favorite pork lasagna from work the night before which they think is a huge treat). After rolling the risotto mix into tablespoon sized balls, and then shallow frying in olive oil for 5-8 minutes-I served them with a green bean and cucumber salad dressed in lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. The crisp outside of the rice balls entice the boys while the soft creamy inner texture seals the deal (I bet they don't even find the spinach).

 I have an hour to go, Max devoured his in under 5 minutes while Alex is dragging (i think he found some spinach!). However I feel confidant we'll make the 6.30 start- I don't dare take them out after 6 with empty stomachs!

No comments: