March 4, 2009

Carrot Cupcakes



My mum gave me some silicone cupcake moulds for Christmas last year and I have been dying to use them (Remember we have only just received our furniture, so March feels like January for me). I am always dubious with the 'next latest thang' so I wanted to see how well they worked. I am hear to report that they are fantastic!
 I was going to pop them into a muffin tin for extra hold but decided at the last minute to see how well they really stand up- I've given them full marks.
 Placing them on a baking tray, I filled them with my carrot cake mix and they did not change their shape in the least. What I ended up with were beautiful uniform cupcakes. They were very easy to remove from the cake, you just let them cool slightly and then turn upside down and the muffin falls right out leaving lovely little groves in the sides of the cupcake. When washing these silicone moulds you just fill up the sink with warm soapy water and leave them for a few minutes, rub them over with your fingers or a sponge and then just let them air dry- it couldn't be simpler!
If you see them and are wondering if they really are worth the money I'd defiantly say YES. This weekend I made the carrot cakes and Bonnie's muffins so now I need to start giving them away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased they worked Milly, might just buy some for myself now.