June 3, 2009

Bread and butter pudding


I was told when I took this photo it was way to 70's to have the picture on kidspot. After looking at it for a while I actually really love the symbolic status of the dish with the pudding. We all know bread and butter pudding has been around for ever and a day so personally I thought it quite fitting- I guess I am showing a bit of my personal taste so I am now sharing it with blog readers. I also love how the picture really shows you what the recipe is going to produce and I have to tell you this bread and butter tasted so good! 
My mum taught me a few years ago about using croissants instead of bread when making B&B. The act of NOT spreading the croissants with butter (because they are loaded with the stuff) kind of makes me feel a little less naughty when eating it- seriously, I can talk myself into anything!
Using fresh berries in summer will also produce a delicious pudding and a really yummy summer pudding if served chilled (not everything has to be about me and my comfort food bingeing). My friend Kathleen would be very proud I ate leftover pudding for breakfast, the same friend who can easily polish off left over tira misu and lemon tart all washed down with her morning pot of coffee.....Oh how I miss you feeding me Kathleen!
So this one is for all my friends who love to savour the delights of dessert for breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy being naughty every once in a while.

5 comments:

Mal Streeter said...

Well done Milly, think I will make the pudding this weekend.

TKW said...

Camilla, you naughty thing! I can feel my rear end growing just looking at that deliciousness.

Camilla Baker said...

Ha,ha- I say let it grow!
I'll post pita breads soon TWK, I just have to find a picture, I know I have one some where....

Lisa Ryan said...

I can't believe Kidspot thought this picture was too 70s. It just looks like a whole lot of yummy to me here in the 00's. It looks gorgeous!

Camilla Baker said...

Thanks Lisa- it was sooooo yummy, I'll make you one one day.