August 6, 2008

Garlic and herb butter


I love making garlic bread. The smell of it in the oven, the butter smearing all over my lips when devouring it and in a practical sense- it is a great way to use up stale bread. Granted I usually make my own but recently I was put onto a garlic and herb butter, made by Kerry gold. Now I usually am not a fan of pre-made food, products etc but I have to say I was really impressed by the flavor of the garlic and herb butter. To date I have made the above garlic bread- it was delicious and you really couldn't tell it was NOT home made. We have had it thrown in with beans and broccoli then last but not least piled high on a couple of steaks I grilled last week. I'm not saying I'll run out and buy it every week but I am happy to know of a great product that will be back on my dinner table when I need a few short cuts- just thought I should pass it on. 

1 comment:

Roisin said...

I have to say delish....!